PreviSat Download Info
Binary packages for the main platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS X) are provided on the SourceForge download area.
Select the most recent directory previsat3-x/previsat3-x-y-z and download the package for your platform.
The latest source distribution can be downloaded from the
SourceForge download area.
Select the most recent directory previsat3-x/previsat3-x-y-z and download the tar.gz file (or zip file).
Unpack the source package with :
tar -xfz previsat3.x.y.z-src.tar.gz
To compile PreviSat sources :
- PreviSat is developed with Qt 4.8.7 but its source code is also compatible with Qt 4.8.6 and certainly until Qt 5.5
- Specify the zlib directory (version 1.2.8 in preference) in PreviSat.pro (download zlib if you don't have it on your system)
- Compile the source code with Qt Creator (or run the following commands : make clean; qmake -config release; make). When compiled in release mode with GCC, there are no warnings (or very little)
- By default, PreviSat is in French language. To have it in English language, run lrelease in order to generate the compiled language file. To have PreviSat in other language, you have to specify the PreviSat_xx.ts in PreviSat.pro, launch lupdate and complete the PreviSat_xx.ts with linguist, and finally run lrelease to generate PreviSat_xx.qm
To run PreviSat after the compilation, you need :
- Qt libraries,
- zlib library (version 1.2.8 in preference),
- If you have generated it, a compiled translation file (must be in the same directory of executable),
- several directories specific to PreviSat :
- doc : contains user manual in pdf format (this directory must be in the same directory of the binary file PreviSat)
- data : contains files necessary to PreviSat. This directory must be in your Data directory :
- LINUX PLATFORMS :
Common Data directory : /usr/share/Astropedia/PreviSat/data for "stars" and "sound" sub-directories (and their own files; aos-default.wav and los-default files for "sound" sub-directory)
User Data directory : $HOME/.local/share/Astropedia/PreviSat/data for other sub-directories and their own files
- WINDOWS PLATFORM : C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Astropedia\PreviSat\data (for Windows 7 and over)
- MacOS X PLATFORM : in the same directory of executable
- tle : contains TLE files (in the User Data directory for Windows and Linux, in the same directory of executable for Mac OS X)